What should I do to make sure that my new windshield stays at its best condition?
Hi Lara! One of the basic things that you should know about caring for your new windshield is to make sure that you buy nothing but the best windshield wipers. There are automatic windshield wipers available in auto shops that keep your windshield clean from bird droppings, snow, rain, sleet, or debris. Also, remember that windshield wipers can scratch and even damage the surface of your windshield if you use it with no windshield wiper fluid. Hence, it is vital to use them only after you have applied windshield wiper fluid.
Another thing to do in order to maintain your new windshield at its best condition is to purchase a bug shield for they provide extra protection for drivers like you. These bug dryers are created to keep elements such as pebbles and stones, bugs, and chips from splattering against your car’s windshield. If you are driving along a highway and a bug suddenly splattered against the windshield of your car, this could affect your visibility and could even result to serious damage such as accident.
Those are two things that you need to remember for you to maintain the good condition of your new windshield. Always remember those to ensure your safety.
Things to ask your windshield installer
1. Is the new windshield they are installing have the same safety rating as your original one did?
2. Do they offer mobile installation
3. Do they have insurance coverage options, some auto insurance companies will pay for a new windshield with a small deductible
4. What do they do with the old windshield?
5. Will they reuse your inspection sticker and any other decals you have on the old windshield
6. Are they bonded
7. What is the warranty on the new shield, and what does it cover
8. How soon can you drive after the installation
9 . What kind of glue and weather strip do they use, does it smell?
10. Are they Better Business Bureau certified